Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Problems with prompted IP values
  • From: Uwe Gansert <ug@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:17:25 +0200
on Monday 24 August 2009 Eric Rothweiler wrote:

I've searched the official documentation as well as reading some other
folks primers on Autoyast but I am missing something. Could someone
look over this profile and help me find what I'm missing?

your path is wrong:

<ask-list config:type="list">
<ask>
<path>networking,dns,hostname</path>
<question>Enter Hostname (server name)</question>
<stage>initial</stage>
<default>enter your hostname here</default>
</ask>

that's correct

<ask>
<path>networking,interfaces,interface,ipaddr</path>
<question>Enter the primary IP Address:</question>
<stage>initial</stage>
<default>127.0.0.1</default>
</ask>

that's wrong.
<interfaces config:type="list"> is a list of <interface> elements.
if you would just say (like you did):
<path>networking,interfaces,interface,ipaddr</path>
how should autoyast know which interface in the list of interfaces you mean?
The first one? The second? The third?
So you have to tell autoyast which element number in the list of <interfaces>
you mean by:
<path>networking,interfaces,0,ipaddr</path>
if it's the first <interface> in the list of <interfaces>
<path>networking,interfaces,2,ipaddr</path>
if it's the third ... and so on ...

In your case you only have one <interface> in that list so it's obviously "0"
but I think you can see the point.

btw, I don't know which version of SUSE Linux you use but <path> is deprecated
with the latest versions and was replaced by <pathlist>.
<path> still works but only because of compatibility code that might be
removed in the future.

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert