RE: [opensuse-autoinstall] insmod modules not considered?
  • From: Hans-Joachim Ehlers <HansJoachim.Ehlers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:30:46 +0200

My current problem is that the card reader devices fetch sda-sdd and
the SATA disk is sde. I need the SATA disk to be sda and I can't start
to work with by-id or by-path because we have too many different hosts

Quick and untested solutions

1) remove any USB Storage support from the initrd and if required load it from
the info file or later.
( My prefered solution )
or

2) use a pre-scripts to unload all storage devices and load them in the
required order.

or

3) disable USB* on the kernel command line like : kernel ... nousb ...

*You might have to configure later the /etc/sysconfig/kernel
(MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT) in case you would like to have USB support and loading
the kernel devices in the right order after the installation and before the
first reboot.

hth
Hajo