RE: [opensuse-autoinstall] TR: opensuse 11 autoyast no IP address after reboot (and other autoyast questions)
  • From: pierre.girard@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:15:35 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, July 7, 2008 11:29 am, Mike Diehn wrote:

Dual NICs? We have about thirty systems (all same model) that routinely
switch their NIC numbering during that first reboot - NIC1 becomes NIC2,
2 becomes 1. I now cabel both NICs and enable PXE in the BIOS for both..
Weird, eh?

Yes that was it. I had checked when it was stopped that eth0 was the one
that was connected but apparently that wasn't enough. Since we're only
using one of the interfaces and one of them was on board we wimply
disabled that one and install worked correctly.

Thanks for the help.

From: Pierre Girard [mailto:pierre.girard@xxxxxxxx]
                We have an autoyast file we created and when
we boot with the DVD and type in the appropriate NFS paths to it and the
installation source (NFS as well) the system installs and then reboots
before doing some other tasks. However after that reboot the machine
doesn't get an IP address and we have to stop installation there.