[opensuse-autoinstall] auto-installation prompting for certain manual steps
  • From: LDB <ldbout@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 15:31:47 -0400
At linuxrc I am typing the following:

info=http://192.168.x.x/profiles/bandit/info netdevice=eth0 hostip=192.168.x.y netmask=255.255.255.0 gateway=192.168.x.z

Then after that I get the following:

TUI ->

Could not find the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Installation Source

Activating manual setup program

Asks me to choose the language: English

Asks me to choose the keyboard map: English(US)

Main Menu comes up and I choose "Start Installation or System"

Main Menu comes up again and I choose "Start Installation or Update"

Installation source medium: Network

Choose Network protocol: HTTP

It then says, "Your network is already configured. Keep this configuration?" ... I choose "yes"

Enter the IP address of the HTTP server: 192.168.x.x

Use HTTP proxy: No

Enter the directory on the server -> I just hit enter because it is what is in the info file it downloaded

It loads the installation source from the specified location and then
it dies on the package resolver issue ....

Any ideas????

LDB