[opensuse-autoinstall] remove-packages section
  • From: "Hans-Robert Vermeulen" <hvermeulen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:28:44 +0100
Hi all,

Does anyone know how the remove-packages section is determined?

We are installing OES2 and SLES servers and the default generated autoyast
profile contained the section at the end of this email. All we did was remark
the NCS package, as stated in the documentation.
This has been running fine on all my customers hardware and on VMware in both
32 and 64 bits machines.

Now however, we have a new DL360 G5 machine and the installer fails. It tunrs
out I need to remark the following 3 packages as well to fix it:
<package>numactl</package>
<package>mcelog</package>
<package>linux32</package>
Needless to say, this took some time to figure out....

My question is how this list is determined and if it is save to leave the
entire <remove-packages config:type="list"> section out, so the server can
determine it for itself.

HRV

<remove-packages config:type="list">
<package>mDNSResponder</package>
<package>gnome2-SLES</package>
<package>evolution</package>
<package>gnome2-SuSE</package>
<!-- <package>novell-cluster-services-kmp</package> -->
<package>pfmon</package>
<package>sles-preparation-power_en</package>
<package>sles-preparation-zseries_en</package>
<package>powerpc32</package>
<package>s390-32</package>
<package>s390-tools</package>
<package>salinfo</package>