[opensuse-autoinstall] Kernel Panic during tftp phase of install
  • From: Wayman Smith <wayman.smith@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:03:07 -0500
Hello,

I am trying to do a fully automated install of SLED-10.1 x86_64. The server machine is able to recognize the mac address of the client and begin the install process, however, shortly after I receive the following error:

VFS: cannot open root device "<NULL>" or unknown-block (8,9)
Kernel Panic - not syncing

This set has worked previously, the only variables that have changed are the client and server hardware. All hardware is 64bit. I have been searching around and it looks like this is related to a missing initrd, but my initrd file is present where it should be in /tftp.

Please let me know if more information would be helpful.

Regards,

Wayman S.