RE: [opensuse-autoinstall] Init-scripts and nfs location
  • From: "Andrew Laden" <Andrew.Laden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 09:17:21 -0500

> On Wednesday 13 December 2006 11:25, Uwe Gansert wrote:
>
> > > 1: Is the location paramter supported on Sles 9.3 for
> init scripts.
> >
> > yes
>
> sorry, a network location is not supported for init-scripts on SLES9

That makes more sense. Though I geuss the docs need a serious updating.

> > > 2: Is this section parsed and the files created at a time
> when the
> > > network is up, so that NFS is available?
> >
> > yes, that works fine (I just tried it again to be sure)
>
> my test was wrong. A big sorry for that but I accidently
> raised the network up during my test by myself.
> At the time where the init-script must be fetched, the
> network is down on SLES9. So a network <location> does not work.
> You can try <location>file:///...</location> for the
> init-script and fetch the script with a post-script
> (network_needed=true) I did not try that but it should work

At that point I don't need an init_script, I can just drop the script
into /var/adm/autoinstall/init.d, things should work.

So can you answer the following
1: For which script types is the network available when the scripts are
fetched?
2: Where is the file system located at the time that "post-script
(network_needed=true) runs? Is it / or /mnt?
3: Is the network available at run time for chroot scripts (Either pre
or post chroot)

Thanks
-Andrew