Re: [suse-autoinstall] Partitioning problem: /boot auto-added
  • From: Uwe Gansert <ug@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 13:06:38 +0000 (UTC)
On Monday 04 September 2006 14:55, Frank Steiner wrote:

> Architecture is i586 and it is added because YaST2 thinks that the bios
> of my host does not support lba, see my first mail:

ah, okay. I did not read that carefully enough.

> However, the partitioning still fails. I've flipped the order for
> Partition 2 and 3 as you recommended (although I don't understand
> why this makes a difference when I use "partition_nr" for every
> partition), but now I end up with

the partition_nr is only used when reusing existing partitions.
I think I'll change that. It's not very intuive.
Anyway, you forgot the:
<partition_type>primary</partition_type>
I mentioned in my last mail.

> Although I specify four primary partitions (or does partition_nr
> not correspond to /dev/sda$partition_nr?

it does but it's only used when reusing partitions
In your case, you need the partition_type

--
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
Business: http://www.suse.de/~ug