Re: [suse-autoinstall] autoyast - defining additional installation sources
  • From: "Yan Fitterer" <yfitterer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:02:31 +0000 (UTC)
>> > Is there any way to define more installation sources for autoyast?
>>
>> You need to add them to your installation tree (same level you have the
>> SUSE-CORE-... and SUSE-SLES-... directories). You then need to add them to
>> the yast/order and yast/instorder files.
>
> Does the same apply for 9.3 Professional ? I've been trawling the autoyast2
> docs , google and various novell + suse sites which are only confusing me
> further.

Yes. See:

http://en.opensuse.org/Network_Installation_Source
http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

Although this is for OpenSUSE, most of it applies to earlier versions (certainly 9.3).

Once the additional install sources are added to the install tree correctly, you simply add the packages to your
<packages> section in the xml file. Yast will search all available package sources (as listed in yast/order file) and
select the package from the first source that contains the it.

The installation source will be added to the installed system automatically.

Yan