Installing multiple SuSE versions over NFS using Autoyast
Hello,

We currently have one DHCP server, one TFTP server and one NFS server. Using
these, we install 64-bit SuSE 10.0 onto all of our 64-bit machines.

However, we will soon need to start installing 64-bit SuSE onto some
machines and 32-bit SuSE onto other machines.

As I understand it, the installation source (in this case the 64-bit DVD
files) is specified in "/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default", and while I can
change this to the 32-bit DVD, I can't see an obvious way of configuring
both. The DHCP Server specifies the TFTP server to boot from, and specified
the kernel to boot from (in this case "tftpserver:/tftpboot/pxelinux.0").

Is there an easy way of booting some machines into a 32-bit installation and
other machines into a 64-bit installation?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Richard.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by Verizon Business Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com

  • No further messages