Re: autoinstall suddenly fails
  • From: "T. Ribbrock" <admin_slox-e@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:34:56 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 03:39:09PM +0100, Uwe Gansert wrote:
> at that stage, switch to the console via CTRL+ALT+F2 and take a look
> at /etc/install.inf
> That file should reflect some info file parameter including the autoyast=...
> line and the "InstMode","Serverdir" and "ServerIP" for remote
> installations.

Nope - none of the information matches what's actually in "info".
InstMode is 'cd' (should be network) and no network info is present.

What strikes me as odd is that "Floppydisk" says "/dev/sdb" - strange...

> If that looks good, take a look at "/var/log/YaST2/y2log" too. Near to the
> end you should see what autoyast has tried to get the profile. Maybe you
> can see some errors logged there.

The only thing I can see in there is that 'info' was indeed found on the
floppy - but no hint as to whether it was read or why it wasn't. :-(

Thanks for the suggestions!

Cheerio,

Thomas