Re: [suse-autoinstall] Yast Unattended Install - annoying network problem.
  • From: Mitko Haralanov <mitko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:01:54 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:11:25 -0000
Colin Topliss <Colin.Topliss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem starts during the 'initializing hardware' section. It stops at
> this point complaining that it can't find the SUSE Linux installation
> source. Now some might think that I'd made a mistake - but this is certainly
> not the case.

I was getting the same thing until I put 'instmode=nfs' in the kernel
boot line (I am installing over nfs).

You might try appending 'instmode=http' to your append line...

--
Mitko Haralanov
mitko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I cannot conceive that anybody will require multiplications at the rate
of 40,000 or even 4,000 per hour ...
-- F. H. Wales (1936)