Hybrid Auto Install (CD - FTP/HTTP)
  • From: "Nick Forbes" <nick.forbes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:16:37 +0000 (UTC)
Hi All,

For various reasons peculiar to our setup I am trying to create a hybrid auto install (SuSE 9.2) that consists of a CD with everything required for an automated installation (especially the root filesystem) except the actual RPM's themselves (the package descriptions could go either on the CD or with the RPM's)?

I am not even sure if this is possible but have been tearing my hair out for days, so if anyone can shed any light on how this might be achieved, or put me out of my misery, I'd very much appreciate any help you can give.

I have the auto install working perfectly from either CD or HTTP, and so far I have tried using various linuxrc options (install= rootimage= installdir= etc) as well as using a pre-install script to add sources or edit /etc/install.inf, in order to get this working.

Thanks for you help,

Nick.

VirusChecked for the Incepta Group plc

  • No further messages