Re: [suse-autoinstall] finish auto-installing without initrd?
  • From: Brian Corriveau <bcorriveau@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 20:08:30 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

I'm looking at some source files for this stuff and it seems the key may be in
this:
//--------------------------------------------------------------
// Install bootloader (always, see #23018)
// should also set Misc::boot_msg appropriate
if ( !Mode::live_eval )
{
Bootloader::Write ();
}

live_eval is used in a bunch of places in the yast2-installation sources so
I'm thinking there may be more to it than just the mkinitrd part. Oh and if
only the mkinitrd needs to be changed that's not with a chrooted script
right?

> As the easiest solution I see modifying the /sbin/mkinitrd script via a
> postscript, so that it doesn't create any initrd.
>
> --

thanks
Brian