Re: [suse-autoinstall] finish auto-installing without initrd?
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:28:49 +0000 (UTC)
Hi!

Dne středa 15 prosinec 2004 21:14 Brian Corriveau napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at some source files for this stuff and it seems the key may be
> in this:
> //--------------------------------------------------------------
> // Install bootloader (always, see #23018)
> // should also set Misc::boot_msg appropriate
> if ( !Mode::live_eval )
> {
> Bootloader::Write ();
> }

This call does the complete bootloader installation including creation of
initrd.

BTW: I found out deep between other my thoughts, that even if the sysconfig
variable is empty, an initrd may be created, because
- mkinitrd also detects modules which may be needed
- graphical splashscreen is also part of mkintrd

So I think the only ways to fix it for SLES9 are either patch the installation
system, or (the cleaner, as I suggested) to modify /sbin/mkinitrd script via
a postscript.

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain