Antwort: Re: [suse-autoinstall] How to define services to enable or disable? [FinanzIT: Viruscheck]
  • From: Hartmut.Dunker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:59:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Martin,

I'm using SLES 9. insserv works with my scripts. I've a workaround for the
autoinst.xml that works but I want to use the services syntax.

My workaround:

<scripts>
<chroot-scripts config:type="list"/>
<post-scripts config:type="list">
<script>
<filename>post.sh</filename>
<interpreter>shell</interpreter>
<source>
<![CDATA[
#!/bin/sh

insserv configure_system
insserv FIT_add_admin

]]>
</source>
</script>
</post-scripts>
<pre-scripts config:type="list"/>
</scripts>

Greets
Hartmut

Martin Vidner
<mvidner@xxxxxxx> An: Hartmut.Dunker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Kopie: suse-autoinstall@xxxxxxxx
04.11.2004 09:45 Thema: Re: [suse-autoinstall] How to define services to enable or disable?
[FinanzIT: Viruscheck]

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 08:39:18AM +0100, Hartmut.Dunker@xxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:
> I tried to distribute own services in /etc/init.d and added a section to
my
> autoinst.xml to enable this services after installation. For comparison I
> added a section for disable a system service (xdm). This also is ignored
> and the service is enabled after installation. Where is the fault in my
> example?
>
> <configure>
> <runlevels>
> <default>3</default>
> <services config:type="list" >
> <service>
> <service_name>configure_system</service_name>
> <service_status>enable</service_status>
> </service>
> <service>
> <service_name>FIT_add_admin</service_name>
> <service_status>enable</service_status>
> </service>
> <service>
> <service_name>xdm</service_name>
> <service_status>disable</service_status>
> </service>
> </services>
> </runlevels>
> </configure>

Hi Hartmut,

what release are you using? So did your own services get enabled?
If not, does "insserv FIT_add_admin" succeed in a running system?

--
Martin Vidner, developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o. e-mail: mvidner@xxxxxxx