Re: [suse-autoinstall] How do I prevent re-install?
  • From: Aaron Amauba <aapa20032003@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:54:30 +0000 (UTC)
This is not a clean way, but what I do is to move the config file from /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/[IP address] to another name (I chose [ip Address]_local). that way the machine will boot from local disk. I just run a script when I want to install a machine that 1st moves the config file to /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/[IP address], then after some time (10 min) renames the file to something that will not be found.

Im sure there is a cleaner way to do this .....

Dave Thacker <dthacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Goal: Unnattended install of SUSE 9.1 using autoyast2.

I've successfully done a minimal installation using auto-yast on SuSE 9.1.
After the client finished install, it rebooted. It's set to boot from PXE so
it started up the entire install process. and started to install again.
I have
false set in the config file.
In chapter 4 of the docs it states:
"Change starting from SUSE Linux 9.1/SLES9
The reboot property in the mode resource was used to force a reboot after
initial system setup and before the system is rebooted for the first time.
Currently after initial installation all systems must reboot, which makes
thes option obsolete."

Given that a reboot is inevitable, how do I stop a perpetual install loop?
DT

--
Dave Thacker
Senior Systems Administrator