Testing of config files
  • From: "Dipl.-Ing. Ralf Neugebauer" <R.Neugebauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:04:18 +0000 (UTC)
Hello to you,

I'm a system administrator and I just try to install Linux on my Computerpool with AutoYast, before I did it years ago with master images.
I try to write the configfile (autoinst.xml) by hand, because AutoYast doesn't produce that what I need.

Questions:
1. Is it only possible to test a created configfile's during install on a test machine? Is there no development enviroment or something else? At the moment I only do a xml check with tidy.

Problem:
I have got completly similar computers expect the harddisc's. There are three Western Digital WD400EB (20.000 logical sectors) and fifteen Western Digital WD400BB (4800 logical sectors). This difference causes a problem with region tags in partition part of Configfile. How can I do a harddisc check as rule to create the region tags?
I need similar partitions to write the old image to it.

---
Thx for helping
Ralf Neugebauer

Fachhochschule Osnabrück