Re: [suse-autoinstall] Re: SuSE - Yast2 Autoinstall CD for SLES8
  • From: Robert Pollak <robert.pollak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 07:53:13 +0000 (UTC)
On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 19:20, Sebastian Steins answered in private mail:
> Hi,
>
> thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> I did get it managed today. Simply collect all RPMs (of /suse/ in CD1 and
> UnitedLinux in CD2-CD3) in one directory. cd to this directory. Then /usr/
> lib/YaST2/create_package_descr -d . -lang english
> Now go into the parent directory of your collected packages and copy from CD1
> into this dir: media.1, content and boot.
>
> /content
> /media.1
> +-> ./.......
> +-> ./.......
> /boot
> +-> ./.......
> +-> ./.......
> /suse
> +-> ./i586
> +-> ./.......
> +-> ./.......
> +-> packages
>
> Add this source to your YaST Install Sources. And then run Autoyast.
>
> I really created a very fine bootable CD-Rom, spripped down to 187MB, and it
> really boots. My only problem for now is that YaST2 is not willing to read
> out the autoinst.xml. I tried to copy (on the iso-Image) the autoinst.xml to
> autoyast.xml (I saw this name in one particular file in the iso-tree), but
> this did not work either.
> YaST did not read it from a floppy! When I said explicitely "get it from
> floppy and there from /autoinst.xml" it worked. But what I want is a FULLY
> automated install routine. ;)
>

> Perhaps you can help me with that further problem :)
>

> Kind regards,
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I hope you don't care that I put your info on the mailing list - it
could be useful for other people, too.

I did the following to move autoinst.xml to the cd and use it from
there:
1.) I placed autoinst.xml into initrd, with the help of
<http://returntonature.com/pipermail/linux-sony/2002-July/000939.html>.
2.) I prepended the following to isolinux.cfg:
<quote>
default autoyast

# autoyast
label autoyast
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=65536 autoyast=file://autoinst.xml instmode=cd usedhcp=0
</quote>

Additionally, for fully automated install you might need the info in
<http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-autoinstall/2004-Mar/0007.html>.
This describes how to automatically accept the EULA and to avoid
rebooting confirmation.

--
Robert Pollak
GPG Key ID: 748646AD