SLES8 and keeping partitions / linuxrc and installation media
  • From: "Wenk, Moritz" <moritz.wenk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am trying to do a disk-to-disk installation using SLES 8 and autoyast.

Now I have two questions:

1) Is it possible to keep disk partitions? And if yes, how? I figured it out
for SuSE 9.0 but it does not work this way for SLES 8.

2) I prepared a source repository as described in 6.1.3 in
http://www.suse.de/~nashif/autoinstall/sles8/html/advanced.html#AEN1321 on
partition /dev/hda7 (the last one on the disk). The info file for linuxrc
seems to work but linuxrc always says "/dev/hda7 is not a SuSE Linux
installation media". After trying DHCP on the NICs it runs into the textual
UI of linuxrc. When I select installation from harddisk and then /dev/hda7
as source, everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Regards,

i. A. Moritz Wenk