Re: [suse-autoinstall] Control file not found on hd->hd autoinstall...
  • From: Dustin Kirkland <k1rkland@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:56:47 +0000 (UTC)
- Make a backup copy of your current working initrd.
- Append a .gz to its name and gunzip it
- Mount it loopback (-o loop)
- Copy your control file(s) into the mounted initrd directory
- Unmount it, gzip it back, and move it back to its original name
- Overwrite your existing initrd with this one

When your ramdisk is initialized, your control file will be in that
filesystem and linuxrc will operate on it. Note that you might need an
installation kernel off of the install media as well.

This process is working like a champ for me.

Dustin

< Previous Next >