autoinst
  • From: Manuel.Laesser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:01:48 +0000 (UTC)
Hello
today I tried to create my first CD using autoyasts option "Create ISO
Image" in Media Management Section. After selecting the desired xml-file
it gathers all rpms....so far so good. After this the iso image will be
created. After 99% the status bar doesn't move anymore and I have to click
on cancel (...hmmm....), but the iso image will be created and I can mount
it with "-o loop....". I copy the mounted iso image to a directory, add
some directories where my scripts and additional software resides and also
delete some files I don't want to have on the CD (autorun.sh, COPYRIGHT,
COPYING.tex....) I then create a new iso image with

sles8:/usr/local/SuSE/current # mkisofs -V SU -J -R -o
/home/tklsa/suse_TK_260304.iso -b boot/loader/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boo
-boot-load-size 4 /home/tklsa/suse_260304ul-boo -boot-load-size 4
/home/tklsa/suse_260304

My new iso image with will be created. If I insert it into the server and
boot the system I've got the following error message:

ISOLINUX 1.62 0x3db44759 isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry

Boot failed: press a key to retry...

I didn't try to burn the iso image created by autoyast to a CD and boot
the system with it. I don't know if the CD doesn't boot anymore because I
added/deleted files from the original iso image and created a new one.

Does anyone have some experiences with the same process?

I'm using SLES8 and autoyast2-2.6.44-7

Thank you very much for your help.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen, Manuel Laesser

Telekurs Services
Hardturmstrasse 201, 8005 Zürich
Phone : +41 1 279 44 24
Fax : +41 1 279 34 44