Re: [suse-autoinstall] custom kernel
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 01:57:40 +0000 (UTC)

Benjamin P Myers wrote:

I'm having a little trouble getting autoyast to install the desired kernel. I've compiled and packaged 'k_smp_vanilla' and 'k_deflt_vanilla' and would like to install them instead of the stock stuff, but it installs k_smp instead. I'm using autoyast2-2.6.41-3 on SuSE 8.1. Here's the section from my config:

The version number here does not say anything, cause this is only installed later in process. If I remember correctly there was a bug in SuSE Linux 8.1 and to fix it you have to integrate the above rpm into the installation system image boot/root on the CD.

For SLES, this issue is resolved with SP3.

<packages config:type="list">

I'd like to avoid using a chroot script to do this, if possible. Any help would be appreciated.

< Previous Next >