does yast/instorder matter? Syntax errors in examples.
  • From: Hal Wine <hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:09:09 +0000 (UTC)
In some recent verification tests of my http installation server for SLES8 with Service Pack (both 2a & 3), it appears that the contents of the yast/instorder file do not affect the resulting system image.

NOTE: this file is documented as having only one field. Many of the examples show 2 tab delimited fields. When you use a tab delimited file, the yast/instorder file appears to be ignored, and the displayed order of sources is as described in the yast/order file.

While the listing of source order, as displayed during installation, does differ between a valid yast/instorder and an invalid one, there are no differences in the resulting systems (as measured by comparing 'rpm -qa' output from both variations).

As I had read the documentation's description of the purpose of the yast/instorder file, I did expect some differences w.r.t. the yast2 packages.

--Hal