Re: [suse-autoinstall] error .. packages not available during iso creation
  • From: Luc de Louw <luc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:31:15 +0000 (UTC)
On Friday 13 June 2003 16.25, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op donderdag 12 juni 2003 23:38, schreef sytse:
> > repository in autoyast means the place where your XML files will be
> > stored.
> >
> > Did you do the 'change source of installation' in yast2?

Did I missed a mail?

> After changing the "source of installation" in yast package manager most of
> the pkgs were found. May I state that the verbosity of the error msg is
> not enough, should this be considered as a bug (perhaps the documentation
> should say something about it)? Shouldn't it be possible to provide the
> source of installation via "autoinstall -> file -> preferences -> "source
> of installation", this would intuitive.
>
> At this moment I selected Minimal.sel for the packages, in the process of
> creating the ISO 2 pkgs are missing. There is however no list with pkgs
> that are missing, not in yast on screen neither in the log file. I found a
> file called .../log/YaST2/badlist, that states that k_athlon should be
> removed from the list.source of installation [1].
> How can I determine which pkgs are missing, I have mapped the Minimal.sel
> file with the packages file as well as with the installed rpms (and vice
> versa), but so clause sofar. Is this a bug too, or do I overlook something
> trivial??

I had more or less exactly the same problem, but I have a P4 CPU. I'll have a
look at the badlist log (if it exists on my system) at monday

> I just continued here creating the iso. Yast stated it was about to write
> iso image (small window). There is however no progress meter (I know now),
> it was just doing nothing.... I aborted the process after minutes of
> waiting. Analysis of the log file revealed that there was lack of disk

Here the "creation" went trough without complaints, but nothing happend at
all, avail diskspace is not a problem here.

rgds

Luc

< Previous Next >