Re: [suse-autoinstall] SuSE 8.2 Prof installation of devs-2003.3.14-1 : rm: command not found
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:31:17 +0000 (UTC)

Did you by any chance recreate the package database? This happens if you have created the database without using the dependency file from /usr/share/autoinstall.

Fred Mobach wrote:
Hello List,

While my configuration of autoyast in SuSE Linux 8.1 works perfectly an
annoying RAID controller in a Dell server forced me to upgrade to 8.2.
Normal installation from the SuSE CD's works like a charm. However,
autoyast (adapted to the 8.2 rpm's like coreutils) returns errormessages
during installation :
- SuSE 8.2 Professional via autoyast
- installation of devs-2003.3.14-1
- Error messages :
- var/tmp/rpm-tmp.<PID>: line <n>: rm: command not found
(line = 5 and 8)

I checked (on tty2) and indeed most programs in /mnt/bin and
/mnt/usr/bin are failing. I think the interesting part of the
autoinstall.xml is :
<addons config:type="list"/>
<packages config:type="list">

Remarks :
- xmllint does not signal errors
- the collection of packages includes all rpm's contained in the minimal
installtion + some additional packages

No need to tell you that after failure of devs installation the
resulting system is not in working condition. ;-)

If you find it useful I can put the autoinstall.xml (404 lines) on the

< Previous Next >