Lilo doesn't get written in MBR
  • From: Miguel Gómez <gomez@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:45:52 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

I'm trying to auto-install SuSE 8.0 keeping an existing Windows partition. The problem is that lilo doesn´t get written in the MBR although I specify the following configuration in the profile:

<bootloader>
<write_bootloader>true</write_bootloader>
<lba_support config:type="boolean" >true</lba_support>
<activate config:type="boolean" >true</activate>
<linear config:type="boolean" >false</linear>
<location>mbr</location>
<parameters></parameters>
</bootloader>

I get an error saying that lilo couldn't be written in the MBR. Is there anything wrong in my profile's bootloader configuration?

My second problem is that, although I set the "linear" tag to false, it gets written in the lilo.conf file. This causes an error when I run lilo because the "lba32" and "linear" tags are incompatible in the same lilo.conf file.

Can anyone help, please?

Regards,

Miguel Gómez Rodríguez
gomez@xxxxxxxxxx