[opensuse-artwork] website moved forward, not there yet. ARTWORK NEEDED ASAP!
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 11:56:31 +0200
Heya all,

As the subject says - I've spend a number of hours working diligently
on the website. It is not there yet but can be, soon. The location
page needs work on hotels, public transport and such and we need links
to LinuxDays and the Gentoo Mini Summit website (even if it is just a
static page for both, SOMETHING should go up ASAP).

But I already did a lot, including putting the CfP page on there. The
artwork is also needed, of course - I hope anditosan or someone else
can make some time soon.

For now, I picked this as the 'final logo':
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29347181/oSC_Logo_anditosan.png
Resized to 200x300. Obviously this ain't perfect, I hope we can come
up with a better one before Monday.

URGENT: We will also need adjusted versions (for our poster and the
site) of the Gentoo, SUSE Labs and LinuxDays logo tomorrow to be fit
in the 2x2 format poster, in SVG if possible - so I can print posters
for LinuxTag!!! Tomorrow means within 24 hours of this email - and
that's already pushing it as I need to go to a copy shop in time...

Michal, Pavol and anyone else on the local team: I need you to review
the current website and help make it ready for launch. As reminder,
it's in github:
https://github.com/shayonj/openSUSE-Conference

There is easy stuff there: a picture of the university, for example.
There is a number of 0-byte images in the static/images/conference
directory, these need to be replaced. Mailing them to me is fine if
you prefer that :D

We'll also need artwork for the rest of the website (but we can
probably re-use at least some of the summit stuff if we have no time).

Shayon, any chance you can deploy the changes I made in the last few
hours so we have an up-to-date thing to look at? I think it's time to
just replace the current link on conference.opensuse.org to the portal
with this :D

I will now work on updating Indico as far as I can.

Thanks all and please chime in!

Jos