Re: [opensuse-artwork] Status of 12.2 artwork
  • From: andi robert <anditosan1000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 13:36:24 -0700
Woot woot!

Andy (anditosan)

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Eugene Trounev <eugene.trounev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Already then.
One awesome styling script coming up :)

Best Regards,

Eugene Trounev

[it-s]

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Friday 02 March 2012 10.43:03 Eugene Trounev wrote:
As far as I know all of those are normally derived from the default
wallpaper in openSUSE, so they are just as straight forward as
resize+cut+save as...
On that note, I was wondering why won't we come up with a special
wallpaper format.
I mean something like layered SVG file. In a nut shell SVG is just an
XML file, and as such it can contain addition data which will not be
used fro rendering the image itself, but can help creating all the
various versions/formats of the artwork needed in the distro. ++it
could also do element positioning, scaling, etc.
For example we could have a base layer which is resized and scaled to
screen size; "do not scale" slayer which keeps elements never changed;
and other stuff like that. Then use Inkscape binary command line to
render the layers separately (this is totally possible) at the right
size and scale, then recompose those with imagemagic into a final
version, convert it into the right format and copy into the right
place...
This would make all of the branding dance so much easier.

Let me know what you think.

Best Regards,

Eugene Trounev

[it-s]