Re: [opensuse-artwork] openSUSE-12.1 wallpaper

On 22.09.2011, at 17:05, Marcus Moeller wrote:

On 09/22/2011 04:56 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
Dear Stephan,

I personally wouldn't use a completly different design for
installation/boot and desktop.

Can I know why? It's not a problem to OSX and windows.

A common design offers a consistent user experience.

What I could imagine, is a e.g. gray version of the wallpaper elements
for install/boot and a colored version for the desktop. Color changes
from e.g. green to blue are a bit strange.

Another option would be to remove most of the graphical elements from
the installer (as anaconda did in the latest releases) and simplify it
to e.g. just the logo on gray background.

Same goes for bootsplash.

Here is an example, to outline what I mean:

http://www.marcusmoeller.ch/share/oS/12_1/concepts/KSplash_openSUSE_bright.jpg

combined with:

http://www.marcusmoeller.ch/share/oS/12_1/concepts/Wallpaper_openSUSE_dark.jpg

might work. Similar elements are used. Nice color changes.

Just a note for 12.2 artwork: I would like to create a style which pick up the
Bento-Theme we use for our websites. Marcus, your fits into this :-)

Robert

Greets
Marcus

*credits again goes out to Marcos

---

Robert Lihm, Webdesigner - openSUSE Boosters Team
Tel: +49-911-74053-0 - rlihm@xxxxxxx