Re: [opensuse-artwork] Tumbleweed artwork?
On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 10:47 +0200, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Sunday 15 May 2011 00:03:54 Javier Llorente wrote:
El Martes, 3 de Mayo de 2011 07:59:31 Helen South escribi├│:
I'm not so keen on the newer version - the Fifthleg font really looks
a bit weak and cluttered in that context, maybe the weight of it is
different or something. And the geeko logo doesn't work inside the
circular graphic. The original version was clean and elegant.

Could I suggest perhaps using the Geeko head after the 'tumbleweed'
word instead, separately? or perhaps writing 'from openSUSE' in the
same font below tumbleweed....

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'm using the Geeko head as it was the ® symbol in the following drafts:

http://paste.opensuse.org/68507639
http://paste.opensuse.org/63070713

I like that one most, personally, but both are cool. And frankly, bending
ourselves in all kinds of shapes to get a geeko-ish thing in there just for
the sake of it is a bit over the top. The logo itself is awesome, with the
text 'tumbleweed' and the green color, ain't it perfect? ;-)

I'd say - get the sources in git and let's get it on the Tumbleweed page & in
our marketing materials :D

what font have you used in the first version?

URW Gothic L.

Also, would it be possible to arrange to use a derivative logo, an
outline of the full geeko might look nice.

Cheers,
--
Javier Llorente

Great stuff indeed. But where do we tag it? AFAIK, the Geeko logo
portion of this needs to be (R)'ed and the rest of this logo needs to be
(TM)'ed. How do we take care of that?

Bryen