Re: [opensuse-artwork] 11.4 Promo DVDs
On 02/20/2011 01:14 AM, Javier Llorente wrote:
Hi Henne,

El Viernes, 18 de Febrero de 2011 16:33:44 Henne Vogelsang escribió:
Hey,

we are still nowhere with the 11.4 promo DVDs right? I haven't seen any
designs yet. Producing these means to deal with some DVD mastering
company which means serious business. We always wanted to produce them
on our own, now is the time to step up and make it happen. Please don't
take this lightly.

Enough of scaring you ;) I finally received some production details. Let
me share them with you so you can get on your drawing boards!

The DVD itself will be double sided so we can only print on the inner
ring. Details about that you find in this specification:

http://www.arvatodigitalservices.com/fileadmin/specs/english/dvd_label/dvpr
0014%20-%20Silk-Screen%20Printing%20Label%2012cm%20double%20sided%20%28DVD1
0%20%26%20DVD17%29.pdf

The papercase will be made after specification ST-0129R. You'll find
that one here for instance.

http://www.bod-berlin.de/de/downloads/spezies/stecktaschen/Fo144.pdf

There are also some old covers around in the opensuse/art repo on
gitorious. I bet you can base your work on those.

http://gitorious.org/opensuse/art/trees/master/CD-sleeve

Now lets get cracking please :) Please show us your ideas for the promo
DVDs ASAP so we can collaborate on one. Thanks in advance guys!

Here we go :-)

http://paste.opensuse.org/51680398
http://paste.opensuse.org/78776736
(both based on Jimmac's design).

Cheers,

Javier excellent work ... Just one remark, if we redo same packaging as 11.3
Promo, it also contain the two main live.
can we imagine showing it somewhere on the sleeve without making it a Morocco
bazaar ?

And last request, If you can send us sample in 300dpi to check it printed (even
with approx color) to have it in hands
where perception is quite diff than on screen.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch

openSUSE Member & Ambassador