Re: [opensuse-artwork] OpenSUSE 11.3 Window Decoration Idea
  • From: David Musicant <david.musicant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:10:35 -0500
Thanks. :)

I'll try and come up with something else for the close button. If anyone
has suggestions, let me know but I'll see if i can come up with some
different options.

Jordan Cran wrote:
I think it looks great! Maybe someone can modify metacity/compiz to
let you do the with all themes.... I think the maximize and minimize
are cool, but the close needs something more than a dot. I have no
idea what though...

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 8:01 AM, David Musicant
<david.musicant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:david.musicant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hmmm, I'll look into some other ideas for the buttons, but I just
didn't like the usual "X" that everyone has for closing and the
"maximize" that most designs have also looks outdated. I was
trying to keep it modern, but I'm open to suggestions.

Laurent Espitallier wrote:
> Le 23/12/2009 22:12, David Musicant a écrit :
>> I created a new look for window decoration (titlebar, etc) for
OpenSUSE

http://en.opensuse.org/Artwork:Pixel_Pool/11.3/DavidMusicant_WindowsDecoration

> Excellent idea !
>
> But require some improvements on artwork side. For example I don't
> like upper right buttons, too minimalist to my taste.

For additional commands, e-mail:
opensuse-artwork+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:opensuse-artwork%2Bhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>