Re: [opensuse-artwork] Geeko in the boot up image
  • From: Chris Cunningham <chr1s.m.cunn1ngham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:31:50 -0300
On Saturday 11 April 2009 8:45:10 pm Javier Llorente wrote:
On Sunday 12 April 2009 00:10:32 Chris Cunningham wrote:
On Saturday 11 April 2009 5:41:38 pm Javier Llorente wrote:
On Saturday 11 April 2009 03:39:41 Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy wrote:
On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 00:49 +0200, Javier Llorente wrote:
Hello!

There was no Geeko in the boot up image of past releases and I
think that including it would make the boot process more
attractive. I could try to make a mockup. But first I need the
appropriate logos (Geeko and Geeko head). I would also need some
help to make the boot up image.

The Geeko logos are available here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Artwork:Brand

I know that page but there are no Geeko head images. Thanks anyways.
:-) Another thing would be choosing the color scheme. Green and gray?
And blue as well?
I think that we should create an art team.

As for the idea, I like it. Any design we go with I would like to see
the Geeko in the bootsplash, unless there's a specific reason it
would look better without it.
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Member

--
Javier Llorente
openSUSE Member

you could also when making a colour scheme choose colours that are in the
same tone as the ones used in the oxygen icon project so things are a bit
more unified

That's what I have on mind but I don't know if we are going to have a new
oxygen theme.

--
Javier Llorente
openSUSE Member

well the oxygen team has colour pallets for the icons and im pretty sure if
they change anything they will stick to there own guidelines