Re: [opensuse-artwork] Geeko in the boot up image
  • From: Chris Cunningham <chr1s.m.cunn1ngham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:31:50 -0300
On Saturday 11 April 2009 8:45:10 pm Javier Llorente wrote:
On Sunday 12 April 2009 00:10:32 Chris Cunningham wrote:
On Saturday 11 April 2009 5:41:38 pm Javier Llorente wrote:
On Saturday 11 April 2009 03:39:41 Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy wrote:
On Sat, 2009-04-11 at 00:49 +0200, Javier Llorente wrote:

There was no Geeko in the boot up image of past releases and I
think that including it would make the boot process more
attractive. I could try to make a mockup. But first I need the
appropriate logos (Geeko and Geeko head). I would also need some
help to make the boot up image.

The Geeko logos are available here:

I know that page but there are no Geeko head images. Thanks anyways.
:-) Another thing would be choosing the color scheme. Green and gray?
And blue as well?
I think that we should create an art team.

As for the idea, I like it. Any design we go with I would like to see
the Geeko in the bootsplash, unless there's a specific reason it
would look better without it.
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy
openSUSE Member

Javier Llorente
openSUSE Member

you could also when making a colour scheme choose colours that are in the
same tone as the ones used in the oxygen icon project so things are a bit
more unified

That's what I have on mind but I don't know if we are going to have a new
oxygen theme.

Javier Llorente
openSUSE Member

well the oxygen team has colour pallets for the icons and im pretty sure if
they change anything they will stick to there own guidelines