Re: [opensuse-artwork] widget theme proposal for 11.2
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:21:34 -0500
On Monday 06 April 2009 08:21:22 am Alexey Eremenko wrote:
One thing that I would _really_ LOVE to see is beautyful Window
Decorations theme for KDE4. (something like SUSE Linux 9.1-era)

Excellent idea Alexey.

Now, bad news, who is going to do that?
First, check what part of Windows branding isn't protected by copyright.
Second, if it is not (which, I suspect, is not true), who is going to take
time and analyze graphic elements, make comparative list to KDE, and finally
create them.

How much work is that in man*hours?
First part will probably ask for some monetary contribution to pay lawyer to
research copyrights (and find they are copyrighted), or country that doesn't
have copyright protection, and as consequence no need for Linux, as they use
proprietary software with cracked copyright protection. Check number of
openSUSE users outside the Europe and US on the
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Community/Map and you'll see what I'm talking
about.

Second will ask for graphic designer, experienced with GUI, to, at least,
point volunteers where to go, and of course volunteers.

Any takers?

I really think that you have good ideas, but, for some reason, you never try
to think about the way from idea to realization.

--
Regards, Rajko