Re: [opensuse-artwork] Pixel Pool concepts
  • From: "T. J. Brumfield" <enderandrew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:59:18 -0500
On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 12:48 -0500, Kevin Dupuy wrote:

I do personally like the theme you created, I don't know how I would
like it for day-to-day work. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks! I somewhat agree that I'm not sure I'd use it everyday in its
current incarnation. The first picture I posted (concept.png) doesn't
necessarily match the openSUSE colors used on the wiki, the installer,
etc. Yet the pallet isn't as bright and jarring. Personally I prefer
the first one, but I've been trying to create something that matches
the branding of openSUSE better that is at the same time livable.

Of the concepts, do people prefer the first one, or one of the latter
two? They represent very different directions to go in.

As far as minor details I've been waffling a bit with having the
highlighted/selected text as gold on green. I like gold as a
highlight color. In the concepts you can see me using gold as a
highlight, and in other places just using plain white. What do you
guys think about the use of a little spot gold for highlight?

Lastly, what do you guys think about the off-white selected background
color? Do you prefer just a plain white?

Thanks for your feedback and input!

-- T. J. Brumfield
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
--Douglas Adams
"Nihilism makes me smile."
--Christopher Quick