[opensuse-arm] openSUSE 12.2 RC2 Release preparation

Hi ARM :-), Hi Jos,

Alex and I have worked yesterday a few hours to finish up the last remaining
bugs for a 12.2 RC2 release. we plan that this is the last RC before final
12.2 for ARM, which is scheduled for November 6th.

The changes over RC1 are:

* various bugfixes in the imaging
* add an update repository to the images for maintenance
* adding various fixes for booting machines without RTC with a reasonable
system time
* Adding a YaST firstboot stage for configuring the country, language, root
password and creating the first user login
* various smaller fixes in packaging

We have also enabled support for the following SoCs'

* Calxeda Highbank
* CuBox
* IMX 53
* Samsung Origen

In addition, we added XFCE images for panda and beagle board. We know that
those still have some bugs that need to be fixed for the final release. the
JeOS images are good though.

We've personally tested some of the variations, but not all of them. We'd like
to get more feedback about it. In addition to that, we've also worked on
graphics support for a few of the boards, with varying results.

The Raspberry Pi image is not part of this release, it will come at a later
point in time as a separate announcement.

The images are available for download from:

http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/distribution/12.2-RC2/

This link is not yet up, I'm still waiting for the build service team to sign
and upload the images there.

This link:

http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/distribution/openSUSE-stable/

will point to RC2 once it is available so we could use that one as well.

I hope that we can do the announcement on sunday evening latest, but it might
slip to monday I'm afraid :(

Please work on the promo bits, and fire at will once the link above (with -
RC2) is working. The rest of the announcement can be reused from the RC1
announcement that Andrew did.

Thanks!
Dirk