Re: [opensuse-arm] Ideas to improve ARM in openSUSE
  • From: Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 11:13:21 +0200

Le 03/05/2012 10:38, Guillaume Gardet a écrit :

Le 02/05/2012 21:59, endym a écrit :
Am 02.05.2012 09:48, schrieb Guillaume Gardet:

Le 01/05/2012 22:10, endym a écrit :
Am 01.05.2012 19:25, schrieb Guillaume Gardet:

New kernel with wifi support is not yet available. Do you know if you need
calibration [0] for your wifi?

If I understand the description here
(http://omappedia.org/wiki/Mac80211_based_open_source_architecture#Firmware_and_NVS_for_the_WLAN)
right, all necessary files already exists in a git repository?!
Anyway, it might be a good idea to configure the kernel to support a
calibration:
NL80211_TESTMODE=y (nl80211 testmode commands)

Unfortunatly NL80211_TESTMODE is not set. Is there something else you need for
pandaboard?

Kernel help about NL80211_TESTMODE says:
"The nl80211 testmode command helps implementing things like factory
calibration or validation tools for wireless chips.
Select this option ONLY for kernels that are specifically built for such
purposes.
Debugging tools that are supposed to end up in the hands of users should better
be implemented with debugfs.
Say N."

So, if it is done in factory, you should not need to do calibration. Am I right?

I just see that WL12XX* are not enabled in the config files where as it should
be. I will send a patch as soon as possible to enable it.

Cheers,

Guillaume