Re: [opensuse-arm] Packaging some ARM packages
On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 10:09 +0100, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

Le 06/03/2012 17:44, Andrew Wafaa a écrit :
On 6 March 2012 16:41, Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Le 06/03/2012 17:27, Adrian Schröter a écrit :
Am Dienstag, 6. März 2012, 16:40:30 schrieb Guillaume Gardet:
Hi,

I would like to try to do some RPM for ARM using OBS, but I get an
unresolvable problem, telling: "nothing provides cmake, nothing provides
gcc, nothing provides gcc46, nothing provides glibc, nothing provides
rpm,
nothing provides tar, nothing provides patch"

Any idea how to solve it?
Build against openSUSE:Factory:ARM/standard for armv7l...
Hey Guillaume,

Thanks, it starts to build now.

I am quite new to OBS and RPM build in general. I usually do embedded
Linux from sources (from scratch) and/or from buildroot.org.

Well it's good to see you roll your sleeves up and get stuck in! Not
sure if you have seen it yet, but this wiki page [0] is pretty useful.

If you need any help, just shout

Regards,

Andy

0 = http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:ARM_distribution_howto

Thanks for this page. How do I submit new packages which are for ARM only? Is
it the same process, submitting it to the Factory and not Factory:ARM?
Is there an internal review (on this list or elsewhere) before submitting a
patch?

Guillaume

The packages wouldn't be submitted directly to openSUSE:Factory but to
the most suitable development project. So if it was an audio related
package then it would potentially be submitted to multimedia:audio etc.
openSUSE:Factory:ARM is just the branch that we are using whilst we get
things working.

There is a review by the relevant development project maintainers before
they accept the submission. What you could do is email this list with
the submit request IDs with a brief explanation, or prior to submission
email this list with the package location and request a review.

The main thing here is to not be afraid to have your submission
rejected, hopefully the maintainers will explain the reason why they
have rejected it to give you a chance to rectify the issue. If there are
any problems then please just shout out and we will do our best to help.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa