Re: [opensuse-arm] GSoC: openSUSE ARM
  • From: Andreas F0Š1rber <afaerber@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 14:56:52 +0100
Am 03.03.2012 13:23, schrieb Dirk Mueller:
On Saturday 03 March 2012, Alexander Graf wrote:

One idea I'd have is to properly get the AC100 working.

I'd be also interested in that (I also have an AC100, but no time to debug it
yet).

I think Joop has already some image available?

Yes, the image I guess is not really the issue here.

Like Ubuntu, Joop has been using the marvin24s-kernel from gitorious.
This is combined with an initrd into an Android Boot Image that the
native bootloader understands.

Alex would like this to be replaced by a U-Boot that loads kernel and
initrd from an actual partition and that kernel being the standard
Factory kernel with appropriate config. Someone would need to diff a
working ac100 kernel against the corresponding upstream kernel and
forward-port it to 3.2 (or whatever 12.2 uses) and I've been lacking the
time to do so.

There's a few pages on U-Boot attempts here:
http://ac100.grandou.net/uboot
http://pecourt.ovh.org/wiki-tegra/doku.php?id=uboot
http://ac100.grandou.net/debian_uboot

Kernels:
http://ac100.gudinna.com/toshiba-gpl-source-code/ (2.6.36?)
http://gitorious.org/~marvin24/ac100/marvin24s-kernel/commits/chromeos-ac100-3.0

BTW if someone wants to add Tegra2/AC100 or Tegra3 emulation to QEMU I'd
be willing to help mentor that. ;)

Andreas

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nš¹rnberg, Germany
GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend0‹2rffer; HRB 16746 AG Nš¹rnberg