Re: [opensuse-arm] ro

On 10.02.2012, at 13:46, Peter Czanik wrote:

Hello,
Recently any time I boot my EFIKA, I get many error messages, that / is read
only and some services can't be started. Is it specific to EFIKA (the image
from Bernhard, which uses the Genesi provided kernel), or generic ARM
problem, or something I messed up?

The kernel mounts root= ro by default
Our initrd mounts root= rw by default
Other initrds mounts root= ro by default (AFAIK)

I assume you're using direct kernel root= mounting, so just throw "rw" onto
your kernel command line, and it'll mount it rw instead.

Alex

I recall reading something on IRC about read only root and updated my machine
recently...
Bye,
CzP