Re: [opensuse-arm] ARM status
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 04:53:36PM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:
Hi guys,

It's time for a small status update. This won't be an extensive list, but at
least give you an overview of what has happened since the last time :).

*** We can successfully build ~3500 out of ~4700 Factory packages! ***

I'm still not able to find, where is the right project with armv7l
failing packages, could somebody send link?

This one
(which can be found on doesn't show
any armv7l packages...

Unfortunately Factory is updating so fast that we just haven't managed to do a full build
of all these shina packages for the last 3 weeks, so packages you see in the download
repository are from 3 weeks ago. To fetch the newer builds, just run "osc
getbinaries ...". Beware of dragons though :).

If it is worth of effort, I can set up that new Efika MX as OBS worker
(if someone help me - prusnak or miska probably already have
experience with this). I would just disable it when I'm trying to fix
or test something.

So what is still missing from here? Well, these are the pieces I'm tracking
right now:

* Kiwi support (Marcus is on it!)
* Kernel testing and making-it-work [1]

I think/hope that I can help a bit here.

* Exception handling [1] keeps us from building Java, keeps us from building
most of the other 1200 packages
* hwinfo probably needs some love for ARM
* yast2 could use some love as well :)
* X drivers are probably still missing
* Fixing broken packages, there are still a few that are not broken because of
exception handling :)
And with this hopefully too.

Best regards,

Tomas Cech