Re: [opensuse-arm] ARM status
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 04:53:36PM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:
Hi guys,

It's time for a small status update. This won't be an extensive list, but at
least give you an overview of what has happened since the last time :).

*** We can successfully build ~3500 out of ~4700 Factory packages! ***

I'm still not able to find, where is the right project with armv7l
failing packages, could somebody send link?

This one
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?commit=Filter%3A&failed=1&pkgname=&repo_armv5el=1&repo_armv7hl=1&repo_images=1&arch_armv5el=1&arch_armv7hl=1&arch_local=1&project=openSUSE%3AFactory%3AARM&defaults=0
(which can be found on http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:ARM) doesn't show
any armv7l packages...

Unfortunately Factory is updating so fast that we just haven't managed to do a full build
of all these shina packages for the last 3 weeks, so packages you see in the download
repository are from 3 weeks ago. To fetch the newer builds, just run "osc
getbinaries ...". Beware of dragons though :).

If it is worth of effort, I can set up that new Efika MX as OBS worker
(if someone help me - prusnak or miska probably already have
experience with this). I would just disable it when I'm trying to fix
or test something.

So what is still missing from here? Well, these are the pieces I'm tracking
right now:

* Kiwi support (Marcus is on it!)
* Kernel testing and making-it-work [1]

I think/hope that I can help a bit here.

* Exception handling [1] keeps us from building Java, keeps us from building
most of the other 1200 packages
* hwinfo probably needs some love for ARM
* yast2 could use some love as well :)
* X drivers are probably still missing
* Fixing broken packages, there are still a few that are not broken because of
exception handling :)
And with this hopefully too.

Best regards,

Tomas Cech