Re: [opensuse-arm] Re: Growing some openSUSE ARMs

Am 22.09.2011 um 17:13 schrieb Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 09/22/2011 04:56 PM, Greg KH wrote:
In other words, what box do I need to go buy in order to help make this
possible? :)

I think BeagleBoard (Cortex-A8) or PandaBoard (Cortex-A9) would be a
good start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeagleBoard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PandaBoard

To kick thibgs off (and for easy development), I would target QEMU, so everyone
can try it out and attach gdb when needed.

I agree though that we need to target one particular board for real hw
development, so things don't get more painful than they have to be. I'm
reasonably indifferent on what we're targeting there, but it should be < 200€
and widely available.

Either way, for bootstrapping going with an emulated platform is probably more
useful. Once we have a proper base system, let's go for the real fun and target
a board.

Alex--
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-arm+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >