[opensuse-announce] openSUSE 12.2 has reached end of SUSE support
Hi all,

with the release of the gnumeric on January 27th, 2014 the SUSE sponsored
maintenance of openSUSE 12.2 has ended.

openSUSE 12.2 is now officially discontinued and out of support by SUSE.

openSUSE 12.2 was released on September 5th 2012, making it ca. 17 months of
security and bugfix support.

Here are some statistics of our released updates (compared to 12.1):

Total updates: 748 (-41)
Security: 352 (-37)
Recommended: 395 (-3)
Optional: 1 (-1)

Fixed CVE-entries: 1032 (-256)
Fixed Bugs (overall): 1260 (-560)

A special thanks to the KDE-team, which made it possible to release the first
full kde-stack bugfix-update to KDE 4.8.5
for a openSUSE-distribution without any bigger issues.
Also thanks at this point to our awesome packagers, community and the
OpenBuildService-Team for a really stable and
strong release!

Your maintenance- and security-team

--
Benjamin Brunner <bbrunner@xxxxxxxx>,