[opensuse-announce] openSUSE 12.1 has reached end of SUSE support
Hi all,

with the release of the kernel-update on May 06th, 2013 the SUSE sponsored
maintenance of openSUSE 12.1 has ended.

openSUSE 12.1 is now officially discontinued and out of support by SUSE.

openSUSE 12.1 was the first openSUSE distribution maintained using
OpenBuildService methods (known as "OBS Maintenance"), allowing full
community participation, from the beginning.

openSUSE 12.1 was released on November 16th 2011, making it 18 months of
security and bugfix support.

Currently, there are no plans to add 12.1 to the evergreen-project. If
something changes, I'll inform you as soon as
possible.

Here are some statistics of our released updates (compared to 11.4):

Total updates: 789 (+65)
Security: 389 (-28)
Recommended: 398 (+92)
Optional: 2 (+1)

Fixed CVE-entries: 1508 (+193)
Fixed Bugs (overall): 1874 (+319)

The increase of the resolved issues is related to the easier participation in
working on openSUSE with the
OpenBuildService.
Thanks on this point to our awesome packagers, community and
OpenBuildService-Team!

Your maintenance- and security-team

--
Benjamin Brunner <bbrunner@xxxxxxxx>,