Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-announce (2 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[opensuse-announce] Open Build Service version 2.3 released
- From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 07:56:53 +0200
- Message-id: <34281524.cBedGBuUaT@scherben>
The Open Build Service(OBS) version 2.3.0 brings new features esp.
in the Maintenance and Release Management area and is the latest
stable maintained version. It is recommended to update to this
version to get improved security protections. It is also the first
version which comes with official support offerings from our partner
B1-Systems backed by SUSE.
Please find the html version of this text here:
OBS 2.3 brings the functionality to maintain a released software
product in an efficient and transparent way. This includes
* Update coordination: One or more maintenance groups can decide if
and when to start or release an update. This includes also the
tracking of new, running and processed updates
* QA and Review integration: The current state of an update is
always visible and trackable. Review processes can be integrated
* Release Management: Isolated build and tested updates can be
released or revoked via OBS mechanism
* Multiple code stream support: An issue can be handled for multiple
* Documentation support: The documentation of an update for the
end-user is integrated
This functionality is already used for doing the maintenance updates
for the openSUSE distributions<. The features can be used all
together or in parts for own products.
In addition OBS 2.3 provides
* A greatly improved web interface, including user management, syntax
highlighted source editor and improved source diff review views
* Improved Cross Build Support via Qemu
* Functionality to hide entire projects
* Issue tracking support, tracking documented fixes in external
bugzilla, fate and CVE instances in packages.
It is recommended to read the Release Notes before updating an instance.
OBS packages can be found in the openSUSE Tools project or as an appliance
which can be used on hardware or in VM.
Your Open Build Service team
OBS home page: http://www.open-build-service.org
The Team: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianschroeter/7135213251/
About Open Build Service
The Open Build Service (OBS) is an open and complete distribution
development platform. It provides the infrastructure to easily create,
release and maintain software for openSUSE and other Linux distributions
on different hardware architectures. It is developed under the umbrella
of the openSUSE project, but is licensed under GPL and used by other
open source projects like MeeGo, Mer, Packman or Tizen. It is also used
by universities, ISVs and companies like Intel, Dell, SGI.
SUSE Linux Products GmbH
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-announce+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-announce+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|< Previous||Next >|