[opensuse-announce] openSUSE Board Meeting
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:13:40 -0600
In case you haven't noticed, openSUSE's Board now holds its meetings in
public. Our bi-monthly meetings are held in the #openSUSE-project
channel on Wednesdays, the same day as the regular Project meeting.
This gives you a chance to not only observe our proceedings, but also to
participate by asking questions and making suggestions during our Q&A's.

Our next Board meeting will be Wednesday, December 16th at 19:00 UTC.
http://bit.ly/92VEwt for the time in your local area. As always, the
meetings are on IRC in the #opensuse-project channel on the Freenode
Network. [1]

So what about this week's meeting?

In addition to our regularly conducted business, we will also be closing
the end of the first term of the first-ever openly-elected openSUSE
Board. We will express our appreciation for departing Board Member
Stephen Shaw and welcome new members, Rupert Horstkötter and Pavol
Rusnak. The new members will officially assume their new seats on
December 22nd.

Pascal Bleser (Yaloki) and Henne Vogelsang will begin the second year of
their current term, Michael Loeffler will continue on as Board
Chairperson and Bryen Yunashko (me) will begin his second term on the
Board on December 22nd.

This will be the final meeting of 2009. After tomorrow's meeting, we
will determine the start date for the first meeting of the Second Board
in 2010.

We look forward to seeing you there to help us conclude the end of a
great year for the openSUSE Project.

[1] Not familiar with IRC? A good overview can be found at irchelp.org.
This
site is not affiliated with openSUSE. For more information on Freenode,
see
http://freenode.net/. Alternatively, you can log into the IRC meeting
via a
Web-based interface at webchat.freenode.net