[opensuse-announce] Change in maintenance for openSUSE 11.2 and future versions
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:03:12 +0200
Moin,

with regards to the discontinuation mail for openSUSE 10.3 [1] sent out by
Marcus the other day I'd like to clarify the changes in the maintenance period
of openSUSE.

openSUSE will shorten the maintenance period to 2 versions plus 2 months
which translates with the current release cycle of 8 months to 18 months
instead of 24 months we had with openSUSE 11.1 and previous releases.

With that we now can guarantee an overlap time from a maintenance perspective
which gives enough time to update machines to newer versions.

Best
Michael

[1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2009-08/msg00008.html
--