[opensuse-announce] Serious e1000e Driver Issue in SLE 11 Beta 1 and openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1
  • From: "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:49:47 -0400
We have an important announcement regarding openSUSE 11.1 beta 1 and
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 beta 1:

The Intel e1000e driver on openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1 and SUSE Linux
Enterprise 11 Beta 1 might have a serious issue with the potential to
damage the network card in a way that it cannot be used any longer.

Intel and Novell are currently working to analyze and solve the issue.

For the time being:

Please do NOT USE:

openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1
or
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Beta 1

on systems with Intel e1000e hardware.

Any other hardware, including systems with Intel e1000 (without -e)
network cards, is not affected by this issue.

We will keep you posted. Please watch news.opensuse.org and the
opensuse-announce mailing list for more information.
--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier
openSUSE Community Manager