[opensuse-announce] openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 is available
  • From: Christoph Thiel <cthiel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 20:07:35 +0200
Hi everyone,

openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 is available -- but beware, this is an Alpha with very
rough edges!

While testing this on a Thinkpad R51, the system didn't boot after first
stage installation. We are still looking into this issue (#411937). In
addition to that, the default GNOME installation will complain about a
missing package (providing gnome-session-branding)[1].

With the current bootloader issue, using the DVDs for installing is not
recommended, until we have a workaround. Please try the LiveCDs instead!

openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 GNOME LiveCDs:
openSUSE 11.1 Alpha1 KDE4 LiveCDs:

Please refer to for further details
and all the links.

Happy testing,

[1] missing package is available from:
Christoph Thiel, Tech. Project Management, Research & Development